Easy Tips for a Strong Call to Action.
Most business speakers know that a Call to Action provides a strong ending to a presentation. However, this is often a lost opportunity as speakers are not sure what to focus on. (A call to action is one or two sentences that prompt listeners to a desired action.)
Here are my top tips.
- Write down exactly what it is you want your listeners to do.
- Ask yourself the question: What’s in it for them?
- Start with an action verb.
- Use words that elicit an emotion.
- Keep the desired action simple and easy to follow.
- When presenting, speak slightly quicker than normal. This will convey enthusiasm.